Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015

Wow - it's been over a year since I have updated this blog. 2015 has been an interesting year.

It started off with the loss of our friend and coworker Jason. It's crazy to sit here and think it's been nearly a year. It seems like he's been gone for so long. His wife and son are super amazing and I feel really fortunate that we have become closer.

Most of the year is kind of a blur. I'm sad I haven't kept up with this blog - it would be nice to have some of our memories written so we can go back and be reminded of them.

I started doing yoga and stuck with it for a while but then I wasn't feeling well and slacked of. But, Jadon goes to yoga and he really loves it. Makes me so happy! Speaking of Jadon, he is 5 now and started Kindergarten in September. He's doing really well, it's amazing to see how much he learns. Last year Jadon was in preschool and he had the best teacher, Mrs Debby. She is amazing and I still keep in touch with her. At his preschool graduation when she asked him what he wants to be when he grows up he said "my daddy" - how amazing is that? Chad is really a great father to our children and I think that really validates that. This year Jadon started with Mrs. Billingsly but she is retiring so when school starts back up next week Mr Abbott will be taking over. We went to school with Ren so it's pretty cool that he will be teaching our son... I just came back to add that this year Jadon wanted a Mario party so we did that at the bowling alley and he was super happy

Alison is 2 and a half now. She is beautiful and smart and a pain in that ass that we all love so much. Anyone who meets her falls in love with her. She, thankfully, is usually on good behavior when we are around others so that's good. She looks up to Jadon so much and tries to do everything he does. It's really sweet. Oh, we decided to stick with the places theme for her birthday. This year it was New York. I think it was super cute, and we made it a joint birthday for her and my mom.

We have been so lucky to have Becky and Ivy and her family come down a couple times. I really miss those two sisters of mine. She was down for Thanksgiving and brought the kiddos Christmas gifts, she spoiled these kiddos so much! But it was really fun and I'm glad she was able to enjoy the presents with them. Ivy and Jeff were able to adopt Jeff's nephews. I was so lucky to be able to attend the court hearing. It was so cool. They are amazing parents and I'm so thankful the boys ended up with them.

Chad has been wonderful to me and the kids as always. He was offered a job up in Reno but the timing just didn't work out so we're still here in Mesquite. But, we did move to a new house. I love it and it feels like home. Becky was here while we were getting the new house ready and she helped me paint and it was such a fun memory. Chad's mom isn't doing too well and will probably be moving to Denver in the spring. It will be pretty nice to have the whole house to ourselves.

My parents are doing ok. Mom had to have some stints put in her heart but she seems to be doing pretty good now. Watching my parents age and knowing they are mortal is a bit hard some days. I'm so thankful to have them around still. They watch the kiddos a lot which is awesome, I'm so happy they will always have fun memories of their grandparents.

OHHH! My niece Nicole had a baby girl, Isabel. She's super cute. Danielle is pregnant now and are expecting a boy who they've named him Derrick. I'm so excited :)

Well... I think that's our year in a nutshell. I'm sure I've missed some things, but at least we've got this much written now lol.

Cheers to a wonderful new year!
D

No comments:

Post a Comment