Monday, June 14, 2010

SLC Shower!

What a wonderful weekend!! It was so nice to see everyone who came out to the shower. It was perfect! Everything looked so sweet and there was lots of tasty snacks too! The baby got lots of gifts and last Friday he even got a name! His name will be Jadon. He's named after his grandfathers James and Donald. He doesn't have a middle name yet but setting his 1st name was a HUGE step!

It still seems so surreal! I must have said that a hundred times on Saturday. I kept looking around and thinking "Is this all really happening? This is really MY shower?!?" But I had a blast and we got a lot of really great things. Ivy and LeeAnn really went out of their way making blankets and burp cloths! They made 17 burp clothes and a total of 7 blankets!! How amazing is that? Becky did an AMAZING job with all the decorations. They looked so cute! She also went crazy shopping for him. He defiantly has a ton of diapers now! I'm really grateful for all the people who made this shower possible. Amanda let us use her beautiful home and between her, LeeAnn and Ivy they put out a really nice spread of food and cupcakes. Becky made some really cute and yummy cookies too! Becky also was responsible for all the wonderful decorations, most of which are hand made!! They all put in a lot of hard work!

To top it off Sunday was Mom's birthday. Even though we had to rush home Sunday morning it was still nice to be able to see her on her birthday and spend the weekend together.

Anyhow. Here are a few photos from the shower. Somehow Becky and I didn't get a picture together :o(





Thanks again everyone! Love you all!! Chad and I are truly lucky to have so many people in so many places who love and care for us and our child!

4 comments:

  1. Such great times! I was so pleased everything turned out great. That stinks you didn't get a picture with Becky.. But what can you do? Am so excited to see little Jadon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was glad everything turned out great, except the weather ;) It was fun to spend time with you, your mom and Becky. I hope you can make it to Ivy's shower. Hey if you do, then maybe you can get a picture with Becky. Plus you would have a better picture of your and Ivy's BELLIES!!!

    BTW will you get me the recipe for the chocolate cookies? Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Yeah, I hope I can make Ivy's shower! You will have to let me know when it is going to be. We will defiantly have big bellies by then! We found our camera yesterday so I will bring my own camera next time haha!! I'll get the recipe from Becky for you. Chad was super bummed I forgot the cookies on your mom's counter lol. Then he saw pics of chocolate cookies and I didn't have any of those either, bad wifey!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the name you guys have decided on and that the shower was a success!

    ReplyDelete