Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me!!!

So here's a well known fact - I'm pretty spoiled. Have been all my life, it's just the way it is :o)

Seems like my birthday has a tendency to go on for several days - which is always pretty cool! On Wednesday I received a card from my in laws then on Thanksgiving I received gifts from Juan & Carrie and the Buchhalter family!

Chad had been planning a surprise for my birthday for months now! So I had been really excited to see what he had been up to. All I knew was that we were leaving Jadon with my parents overnight Friday and we were headed to Vegas.

So we get to town and we go to Treasure Island and check into our room - the front desk guy was so super nice, we ended up with an upgrade to a strip view room and a bottle of champagne! Very cool!





Chad pulled out a couple pieces of paper and they were tickets to Bill Cosby! Front row seats! The show was amazing! He is sooooo funny! We both really enjoyed the show. We enjoyed a few drinks and just hung out without the responsibility of our little dude. We knew he was in great hands so we didn't have to worry.



Then on Saturday we did a little shopping and Chad had found a couple vegan places for us to try! We went to a cafe that served all raw foods - was pretty interesting, not bad. Then we went to an ice cream place called Atomic 7 - wow that place was AMAZING! You custom order your ice cream (should have taken a pic of the menu) and they make it right in front of you within mins using liquid nitrogen. It was very yummy - some of the best ice cream I've ever had - and it was all vegan!



It was really nice to get away - but I did miss little Rex (that's his nickname since he sounds like a dinosaur). It was nice to get home and give him a big hug and kiss and see his wonderful smile!



Sunday we pretty much did our errands and just relaxed a bit.

Monday was my actual birthday and I got sooooooo many facebook well wishes and a few texts and a couple phone calls! Felt very very loved! My mom asked what I wanted instead of a cake and I had been craving her scones so when I got home from work she had brought over some dough and they brought some pretty fall flowers and a really nice card! I had also been craving mashed potatoes and corn - so dinner was just that, mashed potatoes, corn and scones! lol... very odd but exactly what I wanted!




I had a wonderful birthday! I have everything anyone could ever want in life! A great husband, a beautiful son, awesome family and some wonderful friends! Happy birthday to me!!



Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun time! Always nice to get away!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you are spoiled! But you deserve every minute of it! Am glad you had a great Birthday. Wish we could be there to celebrate with ya. Lots of loves.

    ReplyDelete