Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Jadon's 1st Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

We had a lovely Christmas this year. It was so great to have our little bundle of joy to share it with. Really made me feel complete.

We have a HUGE tree in the foyer thanks to my aunt Georgia, it's too large for the house she has now so she gave it to us. It's pretty cool to have a tree that's been in the family and I can remember it being up at her old house. I would like to get a real tree but finding a 9ft tree could be a little crazy and not to mention quite expensive. So we'll stick to the fake one for now. Other than the tree we didn't do much in the way of decorations, just the polar bear outside the door and some garland and a few things around the mantle.

For Christmas Eve we had dinner Gary and Emily and their kiddos which was fun. Christmas morning we had our parents over for breakfast and to open gifts. Jadon sure was spoiled! He got so many nice things, so sweet of everyone to think of him on his 1st Christmas! He wasn't too into the opening of gifts - but at 4 months we didn't really expect him to be. He did help open the 1st couple though he tried to eat the ribbon and then he held on to the paper while I ripped it off, and then about 15 min into present time he decided it was nap time so we just hurried as fast as we could.

Chad and I really don't take for granted spending holidays with our families. It's really special and we enjoy it. This was the 1st year in the past several that we were able to have both my parents and his all together. I'm really happy we all live so close together. We miss our families and friends who we didn't get to spend the holidays with. They were in our thoughts though!

Anyhow - I'm sure everyone wants to see pics but we used the video camera and ended up with not very many pics on the normal camera! I'll have to add what we do have later though.

I hope everyone has had a great Christmas!

Love you all!
D

1 comment: